Ahh…Nothing beats starting your morning with a deliciously creamy cup of nutritious Chocolate Bulletproof Coffee®. In fact, this cup of buttered coffee with a square of chocolate inspired me towards better health and helped my husband and I to lose weight easily (a combined total of 100 pounds, see our story here) and to keep it off years later. Once we started drinking Chocolate Bulletproof Coffee® to fuel our day, we’ve never looked back.
What is Bulletproof Coffee®?
Bulletproof Coffee® is a sensational butter coffee created by Silicon Valley investor and technology entrepreneur, Dave Asprey. The coffee was inspired while he was trekking in Tibet. After suffering with Acute Mountain Sickness, Dave was served a hot tea mixed with yak butter that completely rejuvenated him. He was so inspired by this tea that it led him to create his own version using high-quality coffee, grass-fed butter and Brain Octane. The rest is Bulletproof Coffee® history.
What Can Bulletproof Coffee® Do For You?
According to the Bulletproof website, Bulletproof Coffee® is carefully designed to:
- keep you full for hours
- curb hunger
- promote mental clarity
- increase fat burning
- support your hormones
- taste awesome
For my husband and I, drinking a mug of Chocolate Bulletproof Coffee® every morning instead of eating breakfast is our secret shortcut to weight loss and weight maintenance (also known as Bulletproof Intermittent Fasting). Best of all, this specially formulated coffee is triple lab tested to be less moldy than most brands of coffee resulting in no coffee “jitters,” which is one of the reasons that I avoided coffee for years.
What Are the Ingredients of Chocolate Bulletproof Coffee®?
A basic cup of Bulletproof Coffee® includes three ingredients:
- Bulletproof Coffee, a specially formulated, triple-lab tested, high-quality coffee
- Unsalted Grass-fed butter or Ghee
- Brain Octane, a high-quality MCT oil made from 100% coconut oil. But unlike other oils, Brain Octane produces 4x more ketones, stops cravings and leaves you focused.
By adding a square or two of quality chocolate, you’ll add an additional layer of nutrition and some oh-so-wonderful flavor. It’s the only way that my entire family drinks coffee. And to think that before experiencing Bulletproof Coffee, I wasn’t a coffee drinker. I always enjoyed the smell of brewed coffee, but I DISLIKED the flavor and jittery after-effects. If that’s you, this coffee will change your mind.
Think that drinking coffee with butter is WEIRD? Don’t knock it until you try it because it makes perfect sense. Butter is made from cream. When you mix coffee, butter and chocolate in a high-speed blender, the creamy richness will make you wonder why you weren’t doing it sooner. Start drinking Chocolate Bulletproof Coffee today!
Chocolate Lover's Bulletproof Coffee
- 16 ounces Bulletproof Coffee brewed
- 1 tbsp Bulletproof Brain Octane
- 1-2 tbsp Unsalted Grass-fed Butter or Ghee ex: Kerrygold
- 1-2 squares Lindt 90% Dark Chocolate
- Stevia or your favorite sweetener to taste
- Put all ingredients (minus the Stevia) into a blender. A high-speed blender is best. (See Pro Tips for more details.)
- Blend on med-high for 20 seconds.
- Pour into a large coffee cup or stainless steel travel mug.
- Add Stevia or your favorite sweetener to taste. Enjoy!
- The traditional Bulletproof Coffee® recipe calls for 8-12 ounces) of freshly brewed coffee, but I prefer a little bit more coffee to fuel my morning. (It's just that good!) And because my house consumes so much Chocolate Bulletproof Coffee®, we buy coffee in bulk. The 5lb bag of Bulletproof coffee beans are far cheaper than buying individual bags of ground coffee.
- If this is your first cup of BP coffee, reduce your Brain Octane to ½ tbsp to start. Then, increase to 1tbsp.
- A high-speed blender, like a Vitamix, is best for turning the coffee frothy. We've used a lesser-quality blender in the past and a Vitamix makes the coffee wonderful.