The following recommendations are items that I use regularly along with a quick snippet about why I absolutely love them. These products are core to my family’s healthy lifestyle and I hope that they do the same for you!
Disclaimer: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase which helps to offset the expenses for this blog. See full Affiliate Disclosure for more details.
My Favorite Products
I love Bulletproof products. These products are the core to my success. Bulletproof’s supplements and foods are of the purest quality that you are going to find. This translates into better health and performance. If you look elsewhere for products and closely study the ingredients, you will probably find that they are probably full of unnecessary fillers. You should avoid sub-par, filler ingredients as much as possible. Triple lab tested, environmentally conscious and ethically sourced. I trust them with my family and recommend them to everyone.
Bulletproof Quality Fats!
Brain Octane is our go-to must-have product aside from Bulletproof Coffee. Oh what a difference! Per the site, “it is rapidly absorbed and changed into ketone bodies – providing instant energy to the brain without breaking down glucose from sugars or carbohydrates. Your liver does not need to process this rare type of MCT [C8, Caprylic Acid], and it only takes 3 steps for your body to turn it into ATP, the cellular fuel you use.”
In the beginning of our healthy-transformation journey, we started with Brain Octane. We later tried XCT oil and even dabbled with just ordinary coconut oil. Hands down, Brain Octane is a game-changer, especially in “turning on” my husband’s brain after chemotherapy. According to their site, “You would need 18 tablespoons of coconut oil to get just one tablespoon of Brain Octane.” – I don’t know what you would choose, but we will stick with 1Tb of Brain Octane.
Bulletproof Coffee 5lb
Most of American coffee beans are moldy and if ingested, can contribute to chronic health issues. “The proprietary Bulletproof Process optimizes every step of coffee production for performance by minimizing the opportunity for inflammation-causing and performance-robbing mold toxins.”
When I first learned about Bulletproof Coffee I was skeptical and I wasn’t a coffee drinker. I didn’t like the jitters from coffee and the other “after-effects.” But we gave the coffee a try anyway since my husband was a coffee drinker. Mmmm…Need I say more? No jitters. No late-day crashing. Just continuous, even energy with every smooth, creamy, delicious sip.
Why 5lbs? It’s a huge money saver! If you price out the cups of coffee that you can make from 5lbs vs. the smaller bags, you will quickly agree that 5lbs is the way to go.
Still not sold on why you should start drinking Bulletproof Certified Clean Coffee Beans which are free of mold toxins rather than your other coffee brand, check out this post: The Science Behind Just One Mold Toxin in your Coffee and this Podcast: Dan Cox: Caffeine, Coffee & Mycotoxins
Coconut Charcoal Capsules
Coconut Charcoal – Never leave home without it! Ever. I wish that I had known about this wonderful substance many years ago when recovering from stomach flu and other gastro-intestinal issues would have been much easier. According to Bulletproof: “The porous surface [of the Activated Charcoal] has a negative electric charge that attracts positively charged toxins and gas to be carried easily out of the body.”
I especially use it when eating out with friends and co-workers where restaurant foods can cause unintentional “issues.” Within 30 min., all is well.
Ever felt like trying to be healthy involves consuming so many supplements? Do you ever wish that there was an easier way to “take in” minerals? Welcome to Activation Products. Their EASE Magnesium spray is the best quick-absorbing Magnesium spray I’ve found. They have a host of really great, quality products in their super lineup but I haven’t had an opportunity to try them all out yet.
- BULLETPROOF® Radio by Dave Asprey
- Dave interviews the top people in all categories for TOTAL body health/wellness. Sometimes his interviews may be over the top, but always interesting and constantly keeps me excited about the future and where technology may lead.
- BULLETPROOF DIET™ by Dave Asprey
- This is the book that started it all for us. It explains not only what to eat and why to eat it, but goes into deeper scientific reasons that are easy to understand which completely puts everything into perspective. It is full of great information that everyone should be aware of even if you don’t want to follow the diet. I purchased the downloadable book version (handy in the beginning of the diet so I could bring the ingredient lists to the store with me) as well as the audio book (so I could listen to the book on the go or while doing household chores). HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommended!
- Shop the Bulletproof Cookbook Kit! 125 Brand New Recipes!
- DAVE’S NEW BOOK: Head Strong!
- Gut and Psychology Syndrome (GAPS) by Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride
- If you or a loved one suffers from an auto-immune condition or illness, you should consult the GAPS Diet. By following this diet protocol, one is able to ‘reset’ their body and slowly get it back to functioning as expected. My husband and I followed the full GAPS diet in an attempt to heal his gut after strong chemotherapy. Although it’s a tough, rigorous protocol, many people have successfully completed it and experienced increased health benefits.
- Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook that Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and Diet Dictocrats by Sally Fallon
- This book incorporates recipes and useful information all in one really big book. A must-have for the real food kitchen.
This post contains affiliate links. See full Affiliate Disclosure for more details.